A delicious recipe of cod rice with clams, flavored with coriander that you will want to try.
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams (1 2/3 pounds))
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- Coriander (to taste)
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- 700 grams (1 1/2 pounds) clams
- Juice of one lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Remove the skin and bones from the cod and flake it with a fork. Wash the clams under running water and season with lemon juice, pepper and chopped coriander. Let marinate about 30 minutes.
- Place the olive oil, the peeled tomatoes cut into small chunks, chopped garlic and the chopped onion in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the tomatoes start to break down. Add the cod, season with a little pepper, stir and simmer over low heat about five minutes, stirring occasionally. Then, add the rice seasoned with a little salt together with the clams and the marinade. Stir, pour the water (enough water to completely cover the mixture) and boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.