Want to prepare a fish recipe for your kids? This cuttlefish recipe with rice is simple, has excellent presentation, is quite tasty and your kids will love it.
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) cuttlefish
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 medium onions
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt (to taste)
- Wash the cuttlefish and cut them into pieces.
- In a saucepan, place the olive oil, the cuttlefish, the peeled tomatoes cut into pieces, the chopped onion, the chopped garlic and the bay leaf. Season with a little pepper and salt, stir, cover the pan with a lid and cook over low heat for about one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and season with a little more salt. Mix the rice in the cuttlefish and the sauce, pour the water (double the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.