Do you like cuttlefish and want to prepare a tasty meal, with excellent presentation and easy to prepare? Cook the cuttlefish ‘à lagareiro’, it's a Portuguese recipe with the tradicional garlic and olive oil aroma.
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) cuttlefish
- 7 cloves of garlic
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) olive oil
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) small potatoes
- Parsley (to taste)
- 5 bay leaves
- Salt (to taste)
- Clean, wash the cuttlefish and cut them into pieces.
- Wash the unpeeled potatoes and cook them about 20 minutes in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- In a bowl, put the olive oil, the chopped garlic, bay leaf, a little salt and pepper. Mix with a fork.
- Put the potatoes and the cuttlefish on a baking dish. Drizzle with the olive oil mixture and bake until golden brown, about 50 minutes. Occasionally drizzle with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.