If you like recipes with rice this delicious recipe of cod rice with poached egg is perfect for you. It's simple, delicious and has excellent presentation!
This recipe brings together three of our favorite ingredients; cod, rice and egg.
We often have the right ingredients at home and we don't know what to cook. With few ingredients we can make delicious recipes and some say that the most tasty recipes are the simplest. This recipe is without a doubt an excellent example of a simple and tasty recipe.
MAIN INGREDIENTS OF THIS RECIPE:
- Cod, rice, eggs, olive oil, tomato, onion
HOW TO MAKE RICE COD WITH POACHED EGGS:
Cook the cod. Remove the skin and bones to the cod and flake it with a fork.
Sauté over low heat the olive oil, the peeled tomatoes cut into small chunks, chopped onion and the flaked cod. Add the rice and season with a little salt. Pour the cod cooking water and cook the rice for about 10 minutes.
Poach the eggs over medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes in a saucepan with water and a few drops of vinegar.
Place the cod rice on a plate and the poached egg on top. Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve immediately. Bon appetit!!!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 800 grams (1 3/4 pounds) desalted cod
- 1 large onion
- 250 grams (1 1/4 cups) rice
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 4 eggs
- Coriander (to taste)
- A few drops of vinegar to cook the eggs
- Salt (to taste)
- Cook the cod in a saucepan with water about six to seven minutes. When the cod is cooked, remove it with a skimmer to a dish (reserve the cooking water). Remove the skin and bones to the cod and flake it with a fork.
- In a saucepan, add the olive oil, the peeled tomatoes cut into small chunks, the chopped onion and the flaked cod and sauté over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir, pour the cod cooking water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook the rice for about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour the water and a few drops of vinegar into a saucepan and boil over medium-high heat. When start to see little bubbles coming from the bottom of the pan, add the eggs and let them poach over medium heat for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Place the cod rice on a plate with a poached egg on top. Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve.