This cod recipe with potatoes is delicious and very simple to prepare! If you like cod and want to prepare a meal that does not give much work this is undoubtedly the perfect recipe for you!
- 800 grams (1 3/4 pounds) desalted cod
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 large onion
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- Coriander (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Peel, wash the potatoes and place them in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium heat and cook for about 15 to 20 minutes. When the potatoes are almost cooked, add the cod and cook about 6 to 7 minutes. Turn off the heat and drain the potatoes and the cod with a skimmer.
- Remove the skin and bones to the cod and flake it with a fork. Cut the potatoes in pieces and set aside.
- Pour the olive oil, the onion cut into slices and the peeled tomato cut into pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the flaked cod and the potatoes, season with pepper and chopped coriander and mix gently.
- Turn off the heat and serve with a good red wine.