Do not know what to do for dinner and do not have much time? Try this simple and quick recipe of cod in tomato sauce that everyone will like…
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- 2 medium onions
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Place the olive oil, the onions cut into round slices, the peeled garlic, the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces in a saucepan, and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the cod cut into pieces and drizzle with white wine. Season with pepper and salt, cover the pan and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and serve the cod with boiled potatoes or white rice.