The chouriço is a very popular sausage in Portugal that always gives a special touch to the meals. If you do not know what to do for lunch or dinner this chouriço rice recipe is ideal for you. It’s simple and very quick to prepare!
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- 125 grams (2/3 cup) rice
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 medium onion
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the olive oil, the chopped onion, the peeled tomato cut into small pieces and the chouriço cut into round slices in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally.
- Add the rice and season with a little salt. Stir and fry the rice for a minute. Pour the water (twice the rice volume) and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and serve.