Nothing like an octopus rice to celebrate a great family lunch. It’s a traditional recipe very tasty and ideal for Winter days.
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) octopus
- 1 large onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 250 grams / (8 3/4 ounces) rice
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Coriander (to taste)
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 small onion to cook the octopus
- Salt (to taste)
- Clean and wash the octopus. Put it in a pressure cooker with water seasoned with a small unpeeled onion, a bay leaf and a bunch of parsley. Cook about 35 minutes. When the octopus is cooked, drain it and cut into pieces. Reserve the cooking water.
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion, the chopped garlic and the peeled tomato cut into pieces in a saucepan and simmer over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the octopus and the rice seasoned with a little salt and pepper, stir and pour the cooking water (enough water to completely cover the rice and the octopus). Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Let stand about 5 minutes and serve.