Who doesn’t like chocolate cake! This delicious chocolate and butter cake it’s simple to prepare, with few ingredients, topped in the end with a delicious chocolate cream!
- For the cake:
- 5 eggs
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams (3/4 cup) chocolate powder
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) butter to room temperature
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) whipping cream
For the cream:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (22 x 7 centimeters (8 2/3 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the eggs, sugar and butter until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate powder and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely.
- For the cream:
Place the chocolate broken into pieces and the butter on a bowl and melt in microwave. Remove from microwave and whisk until a creamy mixture. Add the cream and mix until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Cover the cake with the cream, garnish with grated chocolate and serve.