Want to prepare a special snack for your family or for your friends? Prepare this coffee cake with chocolate mousse and strawberries, this mix of flavors is delicious!
- For the cake:
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) strong coffee
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 75 grams (2/3 cup) chocolate powder
- 2 eggs
- 400 grams (14 ounces) strawberries
For the topping:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (23 x 7 centimeters (9 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the sugar and the eggs until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Add the coffee, the yoghurt and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven, unmold the cake onto a plate and let cool completely.
- For the topping:
In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the chocolate and the sugar until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Remove the stem from the strawberries, wash them and cut into slices. Slice the cake in half with a long knife and fill with some chocolate mousse and with some sliced strawberries.
- Cover with the top slice of the cake and pour the remaining mousse over the cake. Refrigerate for about two hours.
- Remove the cake from the fridge, garnish with the remaining strawberries and serve. Store the cake in the fridge.