Going to have a party and want to prepare something special? We have the perfect solution for you! This chocolate cake with raspberry cream besides being delicious has excellent presentation!!
- For the cake:
- 2 tablespoon chocolate powder
- Zest of one lemon
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened margarine
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 425 grams (3 cups) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons raspberry jam
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) softened butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cream:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (23 x 7 centimeters (9 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the margarine, the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a quite creamy mixture. Add the eggs one by one and beat until a homogeneous mixture, about 3 to 4 minutes. Then, add the chocolate, the honey and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven, unmold onto a plate and let cool to room temperature.
- For the cream:
In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the butter, milk, the raspberry jam and the vanilla extract until obtain a quite creamy mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the powdered sugar slowly and beat until obtain a consistent cream.
- Slice the cake in half with a long knife and fill with a little of the cream. Cover with the top slice of the cake and spread with a spatula the cake with the remaining cream.
- Garnish with soft fruit and serve the cake preferably cold (store the cake in the fridge).