If you want to prepare a special snack for your friends, this delicious chocolate cake with coffee cream is perfect for the occasion! They will love the fusion of the chocolate with the creamy coffee cover…
For the cake:
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) dark chocolate
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) butter
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- Zest of one orange
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Cinnamon powder for garnish
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) strong coffee
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) butter
- 150 grams (1 cup) powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks
For the cream:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (22 x 7 centimeters (8 2/3 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Place the chocolate broken into pieces and the butter in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and mix with a fork until obtain a creamy mixture.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the orange zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate, the milk and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven, unmold the cake onto a plate and let cool to room temperature.
- For the cream:
In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks, the butter and the coffee until a homogeneous mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the powdered sugar and beat until obtain a creamy mixture.
- Spread with a spatula the cream over the cake, garnish with cinnamon powder and serve the cake preferably cold (store the cake in the fridge).