On a special occasion it’s always good to prepare a delicious cake with excellent presentation! This cake soaked in pineapple syrup and garnished with whipped cream and pineapple slices is so tasty that your visits will love it! It’s simply divine!!
- For the cake:
- 6 eggs
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon liquid caramel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Canned pineapple slices in heavy syrup
- 400 ml (1 pint (473 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar to beat the cream
- Cinnamon powder for garnish
For the filling:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (23 x 7 centimeters (9 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the liquid caramel and mix for 2 to 3 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the dough into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven, unmold onto a plate and let cool completely.
- For the filling:
In a bowl, whip the cream together with the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Slice the cake in half with a knife and drizzle the two halves with the pineapple syrup (about 200 ml (about 1 cup)). Fill with a little of the cream, garnish with 5 pineapple slices and cover with the top slice of the cake. Spread the cake with the remaining cream and garnish on top with 5 more pineapple slices.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and serve the cake cold. Store in the refrigerator.