Going to give a birthday party or want to celebrate in family a special occasion? So you have to prepare a special cake! We recommend this cake recipe with cinnamon and brown sugar filled with sweet egg cream and with a delicious chocolate topping! It’s divine!!!
- For the cake:
- 5 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) butter
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) water
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 50 grams (1 3/4 ounces) dark chocolate
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter
For the sweet egg cream:
For the topping:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (20 x 7 centimeters (8 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the butter until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the honey and the cinnamon and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven, unmold onto a plate and let cool completely.
- For the sweet egg cream:
In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks.
- In a saucepan, put the sugar, water, lemon peel and the cinnamon stick, stir and bring to low heat until it starts bubbling. Turn off the heat, remove the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick and let cool about 5 minutes (reserve the cinnamon stick).
- Slowly add the previous mixture to the beaten egg yolks and go stirring with a wire whisk until a homogeneous mixture. Pour in a saucepan together with the cinnamon stick and bring to low heat about 15 minutes until creamy (pass a wooden spoon in the bottom of the saucepan and if it leaves a trail like a road, the sweet is ready), stirring occasionally.
- Turn off the heat, remove the cinnamon stick and let cool completely.
Note: Watch here the sweet egg cream video.
- Slice the cake in half with a long knife. Spread the bottom slice of the cake with the cream and cover with the top slice of the cake.
- For the topping:
Place the chocolate broken into pieces and the butter in a bowl and melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave, add the cream and mix with a fork until obrain a creamy mixture.
- Top the cake with the chocolate and serve.