Going to have a party and want to prepare a fresh cake with an excellent presentation? We suggest this chocolate cake with strawberry cream, everyone will love this delicious mixture of flavors…
For the cake:
- 200 grams (7 ounces) dark chocolate
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) margarine
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon liquid caramel
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one lemon
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 200 grams (7 ounces) strawberries
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cream:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (22 x 10 centimeters (8 2/3 x 4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Put the chocolate broken into pieces and the margarine in a bowl. Melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir with a fork until a creamy mixture.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate, milk, the liquid caramel and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low and beat the flour mixed with the baking powder until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 55 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven, unmold onto a plate and let cool to room temperature.
- For the cream:
Remove the stem from the strawberries and wash them. Put the strawberries cut into pieces in a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- In a bowl, whip the cream with the powdered sugar and the vanilla extract until stiff peaks form. Pour the strawberry cream and fold gently with a spatula.
- Slice the cake in half with a knife and fill with half of the cream. Cover with the top slice of the cake, spread the top of the cake with the remaining cream and garnish with strawberries.
- Refrigerate the cake for approximately 1 hour and serve.
Note: The cake should be consumed on the same day or in two days at the most.