Give a special touch to a simple banana cake, top with a chocolate cream and serve it in a family snack. Your family will love the mix of flavors that the cake offers… Bon appetit!!!
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- For the cake:
- 2 medium bananas
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (about 1 cup) brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 tablespoons chocolate powder
- 150 grams (1 cup) powdered sugar
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) butter
For the topping:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 150ºC (300ºF). Grease a round cake pan (22 x 7 centimeters (8 2/3 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the brown sugar until a homogeneous mixture. Peel and smash the bananas with a fork. Add to the eggs and sugar cream and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture.
- Pour the cream into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 to 50 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, unmold onto a plate and let cool completely.
- For the topping:
In an electric mixer, beat on low speed the butter, milk and the powdered sugar until a homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate powder and beat until obtain a quite creamy mixture.
- Slice the cake in half with a long knife and fill with a little of the cream. Cover with the top slice of the cake and spread with a spatula the cake with the remaining cream.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings and serve the cake preferably cold (store the cake in the fridge).