Want to impress your friends with a simple recipe? This recipe is the solution, delicious banana cake topped with caramelized almond. Your friends will love it! Bon appetit!!!
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 2 bananas
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 4 eggs
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) peeled almond
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar to caramelize
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and sprinkle with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the sugar until a creamy mixture. Meanwhile, peel and cut the banana into pieces. Place the banana and the cinnamon in a blender and blend on high until obtain a creamy mixture. Add this cream to the dough with the honey and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Meanwhile, place the sugar and the almond in a saucepan. Place the pan on the stove over low heat until caramelize.
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold onto a plate. Cover the top of the cake with caramelized almond, let cool to room temperature and serve.