If you want to prepare a fresh cake, simple and with excellent presentation, we suggest this delicious caramelized peach cake. The freshness and delicious peach aroma perfectly match with a fresh orange juice on those hot summer days!
This is one of those cakes you can prepare on any occasion. It's a fresh and soft cake that is perfect to serve as dessert or at breakfast!
HOW TO PREPARE CARAMELIZED PEACH CAKE:
Cut the peaches into halves and remove the seed. Caramelize with sugar a round cake pan and place on the bottom of the cake pan the peaches cut into halves. For the dough, beat the eggs, sugar and then the natural yogurt. Add the flour mixed with baking powder and beat until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Bake for about 35 to 40 minutes.
Remove the cake from the oven, unmold onto a plate and let cool. Bon appetit!!!
- 3 peaches
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 125 grams (4 1/2 ounces) natural yogurt
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar to caramelize
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- Wash the peaches, cut them into halves and remove the seed.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Pour 200 grams (about 1 cup) sugar in a round cake pan (22 x 7 centimeters (8 2/3 x 2 3/4 inches)). Place the cake pan on the stove over low heat until the sugar caramelize (go turning the cake pan until stays completely caramelized). Turn off the heat and place on the bottom of the cake pan the peaches cut into halves.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs and the sugar until obtain a creamy dough. Add the yogurt and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until it's nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the cramelized pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.