This cake is a real temptation, mix the delicious chocolate taste with the caramelized pineapple. It’s an excellent cake to serve in a snack among friends! Bon appetit!!!
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 125 grams (1 cup) chocolate powder
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) softened butter
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 5 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 5 pineapple slices (about 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces))
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar to caramelize
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Pour 200 grams (about 1 cup) sugar in a round cake pan (22 x 7 centimeters (8 2/3 x 2 3/4 inches)). Place the cake pan on the stove over low heat until the sugar caramelize (go turning the cake pan until stays completely caramelized). Turn off the heat and place on the bottom of the cake pan the pineapple slices.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the butter until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Pour the chocolate powder and beat for 3 to 4 minutes to incorporate. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the cramelized pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from oven and unmold. Let cool completely and serve.