If you want to prepare a simple cake with excellent presentation, we suggest this delicious caramelized plum cake. It's an excellent choice if you going to receive friends at home!
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
We like to add a little cinnamon to this cake, we think the cinnamon aroma matches perfectly with the caramelized plum, besides that, gives a slight color to the cake. Regarding the plum, we like to caramelize the plum with the peel, in our opinion the cake stays more flavorful and with a more pleasant look. Bon appetit!!!
MAIN INGREDIENTS OF THIS RECIPE:
- Plum, flour, sugar, eggs
HOW TO PREPARE CARAMELIZED PLUM CAKE
Caramelize a round cake pan with sugar and place on the bottom of the pan the plums cut into halves. Beat the sugar, the eggs and the lemon zest and then the cinnamon. Finally, beat the flour mixed with the baking powder. Bake for about 35 minutes. Unmold the cake onto a plate, let cool and serve!
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 5 eggs
- 200 grams (1 1/2 cups) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one lemon
- 6 red plums
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar to caramelize
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Wash the plums, cut them into halves and remove the seed.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Pour 200 grams (about 1 cup) sugar in a round cake pan (22 x 7 centimeters (8 2/3 x 2 3/4 inches)). Place the cake pan on the stove over low heat until the sugar caramelize (go turning the cake pan until stays completely caramelized). Turn off the heat and place on the bottom of the cake pan the plums cut into halves.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a creamy and homogeneous texture. Add the cinnamon powder and beat for 2 to 3 minutes until it's nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy dough.
- Pour the mixture into the cramelized pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool completely and serve.