If you want to make a good impression, prepare this caramelized apricot cake with excellent presentation. And it’s so tasty… a delight!
- 10 apricots
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar to caramelize
- 5 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Place 200 grams (about 1 cup) sugar in a saucepan and let the sugar caramelize over low until it stays with a brownish color. Turn off the heat and grease a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) with the caramelized sugar. Cut 6 apricots in half and remove the kernel. Place them in the bottom of the prepared pan and set aside.
- In an electric mixer beat on medium speed the eggs and the sugar until obtain a creamy and homogeneous texture. Then, add the cinnamon, without stop beating. Reduce the mixer speed to low and add the flour mixed with the baking powder. Finally, fold with a spatula the remaining apricots cut into small pieces.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until it starts to gain color (just like on the picture) and in the middle is a little bit higher than the rest of the cake, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.