Want an alternative to traditional croquettes? Try our chicken croquettes recipe! They are healthier and very tasty.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERSubscribe to our newsletter and receive new recipes in your inbox.
- 450 grams (1 pound) chicken breasts
- 1 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pepper (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 2 eggs
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 small onion to cook the chicken breasts
- 1 drizzle of olive oil
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place the chicken breasts in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt, a little olive oil and a small peeled onion. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to medium heat and cook about 5 minutes. Turn off the heat, drain the chicken breasts with a skimmer and let cool slightly.
- Cut the chicken breasts into pieces. Place the chicken pieces together with parsley, the onion cut into pieces, peeled garlic, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and some salt in a food processor and pulse until well chopped. Mold this mixture with your hands in the shape of croquettes.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork. Coat the croquettes in breadcrumbs, then dip in the eggs mixture and finally, coat once more in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. When the oil is hot, add the croquettes and fry them until golden. When the croquettes are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Serve the croquetes with lettuce salad.