Easy to make and very tasty, the chicken pies are an appetizer with excellent presentation that whole the family will like. Try it!
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 2 chicken breasts (about 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces))
- 1 medium onion
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 egg yolks
- 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) shortcrust pastry
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 bay leaf
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Salt (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk for brushing
- 1 small onion to cook the chicken
- Place the chicken breasts in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook about 20 to 25 minutes. When the chicken is cooked, drain it and cut into small pieces; set aside.
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion, bay leaf and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn slightly golden. Add the chicken pieces and season with pepper, nutmeg and lemon juice. Stir and cook about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove briefly from heat, add the egg yolks and mix well with a wooden spoon. Then, add the flour and the milk. Stir and place the saucepan back on the stove over low heat about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF).
- Grease mini pie pans with margarine. Roll out the shortcrust pastry over a table, cut circles with the help of a glass cup and line the pie pans with the dough (prick the bottom with a fork). Pour small portions of the previous mixture in each one of them and cover with small dough circles. Gently press the edges with your fingers to connect the dough. Brush on top with beaten egg yolk and bake about 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven, unmold and serve with lettuce salad.