Try this delicious beef croquettes that can serve for a family lunch or a simple picnic with friends. Enjoy it… Bon appetit!!!
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 400 grams (14 ounces) beef
- 3 Portuguese chouriço slices
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Oregano (to taste)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Cut the meat into pieces. Place the meat, chouriço slices and the oregano in a food processor and pulse until slightly chopped. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg and mix the spices into the meat with your hands.
- Place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the chopped garlic in a saucepan and saute over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden brown. Add the meat, stir and simmer about 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove briefly the saucepan from heat and mix well the egg yolk into the meat. Then, sprinkle with flour, stir and place the pan back on the stove about 3 to 4 minutes. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Place the meat in a dish and let cool to room temperature. Mold with your hands small portions of the meat in the shape of croquette.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork. Coat the croquettes in breadcrumbs, then dip in the eggs mixture and finally, coat once more in breadcrumbs.
- Heat the oil in a skillet. When the oil is hot, add the croquettes and fry them until golden. Once the croquettes are fried, place them on a plate with absorbent paper.
- Serve the meat croquettes with rice or just with salad.