A light recipe for the summer, delicious cod croquettes wrapped in olive oil, onion, garlic, flour, milk and parsley, seasoned with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 500 grams / (17 1/2 ounces) desalted cod
- 2 medium onions
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 200 grams / (7 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) milk
- Juice of half a lemon
- Chopped parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Place the cod in a pan with water and simmer about two minutes. When the cod is cooked, place it on a plate, remove the skins and the spines and shred it.
- In a blender, mince slightly the cod and place it on a plate. Set aside.
- In a pan, place the olive oil, the chopped onions and the chopped garlic and, leave to sauté over low heat about two to three minutes. Add the cod and cook about three minutes on a low heat. Stir once in a while.
- Turn off the heat, add the flour and wrap well in the cod. Pour the milk, mix everything well and season with salt, pepper and lemon juice. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and mix well.
- Place the dough on a plate and leave to cool. Once the dough cool, mold in the shape of croquettes using your hands.
- Coat the croquettes in beaten egg and in breadcrumbs. Fry in hot oil. After fried place them in a platter over absorbent paper.
- Serve with carrot rice and lettuce salad.