At a party among friends or a family snack, this soaked pineapple cake recipe is always a great choice, it’s fresh, delicious and much appreciated by everyone! Bon appetit!
For the cake:
- 5 eggs
- 5 pineapple slices (about 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces))
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Zest of one lemon
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) pineapple syrup
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
For the syrup:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a round cake pan (23 x 7 centimeters (9 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 30 to 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- For the syrup:
Put the pineapple syrup and the sugar in a saucepan. Put the pan over low heat and stir with a spoon until the sugar dissolves.
- When the cake is cooked, remove it from the oven and unmold onto a plate. Garnish with the pineapple slices and prick the cake a few times with a toothpick. Pour the syrup over the cake and let absorb. Let cool completely and serve.