You must try this soaked lemon cake recipe. It’s a fresh cake with lemon flavor, it’s smooth and delicious! Serve this cake to your friends with iced tea.
For the cake:
- Zest of one lemon
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) softened margarine
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons milk
- Juice of one lemon
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
For the syrup:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and line with parchment paper.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the margarine and sugar until obtain a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the eggs and lemon zest and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder, milk and beat until a homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- For the syrup:
Put the sugar and the lemon juice in a saucepan. Place over low heat and stir with a spoon until sugar dissolves.
- When the cake is cooked, remove it from the oven and unmold. Prick the cake a few times with a toothpick, pour the syrup over the top and let absorb. Let cool to room temperature and serve.