This is one of those recipes that is perfect for a special family dinner. This beef loin in the oven is simple to prepare, is delicious and has excellent presentation.
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) beef loin
- 1 large onion
- Pepper (to taste)
- Saffron (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the sliced onion on the bottom of a baking dish and, on top, place the beef loin. Season with salt, peeled garlic, bay leaf, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, nutmeg, saffron and white wine. Let marinate about one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Drizzle the meat with olive oil and bake until golden brown, about 1 hour and 30 minutes. Occasionally, drizzle the loin with the sauce.
- Turn off the oven and serve the loin with chips or white rice.