This is one of those recipes everyone likes! If you are thinking to invite your family or friends for lunch, we suggest this delicious recipe of pork with clams. It’s simple to prepare and has excellent presentation. Bon appetit!!!
- 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces) pork cut into cubes
- 900 grams (2 pounds) clams
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red pepper sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pepper (to taste)
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) red wine
- 1 medium onion
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the clams to soak in water seasoned with salt about 1 to 2 hours. Wash them under running water before cooking.
- Season the meat with a little salt, chopped garlic, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, nutmeg and red pepper sauce. Mix the seasonings in the meat and set aside.
- Place the olive oil, chopped onion and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces in a saucepan and cook over low heat until the tomato start to break down, stirring occasionally. Add the meat with the seasonings and drizzle with red wine. Stir, cover the pan with a lid and cook over low heat for about 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the clams, stir, cover the pan and cook over low heat until the clams open completely. Shake the pan occasionally.
- Turn off the heat and serve.