Do you have a birthday party for someone very important and want to surprise? We have the perfect cake for you! This cake with buttercream and soft fruit has the ideal flavor and a delicious look! Bon appetit!!!
For the cake:
- 5 eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- 200 grams (1 1/4 cups) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 225 grams (1 2/3 cups) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) strawberries
- 150 grams (5 1/3 ounces) raspberries
- 125 grams (5 1/3 ounces) blueberries
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) softened butter
- 250 grams (1 3/4 cups) powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the cream:
- For the cake:
Preheat the oven to 150ºC (300ºF). Grease a round cake pan (20 x 7 centimeters (8 x 2 3/4 inches)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, brown sugar and the lemon zest until a homogeneous and creamy mixture. Add the honey and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until obtain a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 to 45 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven and let cool a little.
- For the cream:
In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the butter, milk and the vanilla extract until a very creamy mixture. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the powdered sugar and beat until obtain a consistent cream.
- Wash, remove the stem from the strawberries and cut them into pieces.
- Slice the cake in half with a long knife. Place the bottom slice of the cake on a plate and fill the middle with a portion of the cream and the strawberries. Cover with the top slice of the cake and spread the remaining cream over sides and top of the cake.
- Garnish the cake with blueberries and raspberries and refrigerate about two hours.