A delicious recipe, shredded chicken breast seasoned with pepper, nutmeg and lemon, which goes in the oven with lasagna sheets drizzled with a sauce of béchamel and whipping cream, sprinkled with grated cheese.
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds))
- 8 lasagna sheets (about 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces))
- 500 ml / (2 cups 2 tablespoons) béchamel
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) whipping cream
- 1 large onion
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- Parsley (to taste)
- 50 grams / (1 3/4 ounces) grated cheese
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Juice of half lemon
- A small onion to cook the chicken
- A sprig of coriander
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the chicken breasts in a pan with water seasoned with salt, a sprig of coriander and a small peeled onion. Bring to cook about 15 minutes. When the chicken is cooked, drain it and shred with the help of a fork. Season with pepper, nutmeg and lemon juice.
- In a pan place the olive oil along with the chopped onion and the chopped garlic. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Add the shredded chicken and cook over low heat about five minutes. Stir once in a while. Turn off the heat, sprinkle with chopped parsley and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix well the béchamel with the whipping cream.
- In a baking dish, place on the bottom, two layers of lasagna sheets, on top, a layer of chicken and so on until finishing with two lasagna sheets. Pour on top the béchamel mixture and sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bring to preheated oven at 180ºC (350ºF) about 20 to 25 minutes.