A delicious recipe of mashed potatoes seasoned with lemon pepper and nutmeg, stuffed with minced meat seasoned with garlic, pepper, nutmeg, salt and sprinkled with parsley.
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) minced beef
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) minced pork
- 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds) potatoes
- 50 ml / (3 1/3 tablespoons) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- A few drops of lemon juice
- 40 grams / (1 1/2 ounces) margarine
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 1 egg
- Vegetable oil for frying
- Pepper (to taste)
- 2 medium ripe tomatoes
- 35 grams / (1 1/4 ounces) Portuguese chouriço
- Parsley (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Remove the skin to the chouriço and grind in a blender. Season the minced meat with salt, chopped garlic, pepper, chopped chouriço and nutmeg. Mix everything well and set aside.
- Meanwhile, wash, peel the potatoes and cook them in a pan with water seasoned with salt about 30 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked pass them through a food mill. Place the puree into a large bowl and season with nutmeg, pepper, a few drops of lemon and margarine. Mix everything well and let cool completely.
- In a frying pan place the olive oil, the chopped onion and the peeled tomato broken into chunks. Leave to sauté over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the meat, stir with a spoon and cook about 20 minutes. Stir once in a while. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Remove small portions of the puree, place in the palm of your hand, add a little meat (without the sauce), add a little more puree and mold in the shape of pears. Coat in beaten egg and then in breadcrumbs. Fry in hot oil.
- Serve with lettuce salad.