A delicious sponge cake very simple to prepare and with excellent presentation, confectioned with flour, eggs and sugar, stuffed with chocolate cream and strawberries, garnished with powdered sugar.
- For the cake:
- 6 eggs
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams (3 1/2 ounces) dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 50 grams (1/4 cup) granulated sugar
- 5 strawberries
For the filling:
- For the cake:
With an electric mixer beat the eggs with the sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Then, beat the flour mixed with the baking powder.
- Place the previous mixture in a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) previously greased with margarine and dusted with flour. Place in preheated oven at 180°C (350ºF) about 25 minutes (the time depends on the oven). Remove from the oven, unmold and allow to cool.
- For the filling:
Separate the yolks from the whites and beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Store in the fridge.
- Place in a bowl the chocolate broken into pieces along with the margarine. Bring to melt in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir with the help of a fork. Set aside.
- With an electric mixer beat the egg yolks along with the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Add the melted chocolate, without stop beating. Then, add the whipped egg whites and fold gently with a spatula.
- Cut the cake in half with a sharp knife. Fill with the mousse and the strawberries cut into slices. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.