Delicious cake with excellent presentation, confectioned with chocolate, sugar, flour, milk and eggs, filled with whipped cream with a slight vanilla aroma and garnished with preserved cherries and grated chocolate.
- For the cake:
- 140 grams (5 ounces) dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 5 eggs
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 150 grams (1 cup) all-purpose flour
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 400 ml (1 pint (473 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar to beat the cream
- 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces) candied cherries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla powder
- Grated chocolate for garnish
For the filling:
- For the cake:
Place the chocolate broken into pieces in a bowl along with the margarine. Bring to microwave to melt. Remove from microwave and mix with the help of a spoon.
- With an electric mixer beat the eggs with the sugar until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Then, pour the milk and the melted chocolate, without stop beating. Finally, add the flour mixed with the baking powder.
- Place the mixture inside a round cake pan (25 x 6 centimeters (9 3/4 x 2 1/3 inches)) previously greased with margarine and sprinkled with flour. Bring to preheated oven at 180°C (350ºF) about 25 minutes (the time depends on the oven). When the cake is cooked, remove from the oven, unmold and allow to cool.
- For the filling:
Place the whipping cream about 20 minutes in the fridge.
- With an electric mixer beat the whipping cream with two tablespoons of sugar until well stiff. Add the vanilla powder and fold gently with the help of a spoon.
- Cut the cake in half with a sharp knife and, with the help of a spatula, fill the cake with half of the whipped cream. Garnish with half the cherries and cover with the other half of the cake.
- Spread the remaining whipped cream on top of the cake and garnish with the grated chocolate and the remaining cherries. Store the cake in the fridge.