Croissants with excellent presentation, confectioned with flour, sugar, margarine, baker’s yeast, salt, milk and eggs, filled with chocolate melted with margarine, which are going to oven brushed with egg yolk.
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 25 grams / (1 ounce) sugar
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) milk
- 2 eggs
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) margarine
- 15 grams / (1/2 ounce) baker's yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 75 grams / (2 2/3 ounces) dark chocolate
- 1 full tablespoon of margarine
For the filling:
- Place in a bowl the flour, 25 grams / (1 ounce) margarine, salt, sugar, and knead well. Then, add the milk and the eggs and continue to knead. Finally, add the baker’s yeast and mix everything well.
- Sprinkle a table with a little flour. Place the dough on the table. Knead the dough a little more until forms a ball and, place in a bowl covered with cling film. Let stand about an hour.
- Place in a bowl the chocolate broken into pieces along with the margarine. Bring to microwave to melt. Remove from microwave and stir well with a spoon; set aside.
- Place again the dough on a table sprinkled with flour, extend it with the help of a rolling pin. Cut thin pieces of the remaining margarine and place on top of the dough. Fold the dough over the margarine, so that the margarine stay completely covered with the dough. Extend the dough with a rolling pin, fold in three, and extend again the dough with the rolling pin. Repeat this process at least two more times.
- Once this process is completed, extend the dough thinly (with about 0,5 centimeters / (1/4 inch) thick). Cut triangles with about 18 centimeters / (7 inches) tall and 10 centimeters / (4 inches) base. Give a small cut in the vertical in the triangle base, so that the ends leave slightly out. Spread small portions of chocolate over the base of each triangle and, roll the dough over the chocolate toward to the vertex of the triangle.
- Line a baking tray with tracing paper. Place them on the tray and leave them to rest about 15 minutes.
- Brush each one with beaten egg yolk and bring preheated oven at 200°C / (400ºF) about 15 to 20 minutes until golden.