This pork loin in the oven with shrimp is the perfect recipe to serve in a family dinner! Everyone will enjoy this simple and very tasty recipe with excellent presentation…
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) pork loin
- 2 medium onions
- 150 ml (2/3 cup) olive oil
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- 8 cloves of garlic
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 350 grams (12 1/3 ounces) shrimp
- Juice of one lemon
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the loin on a baking dish and with a sharp knife make 4 to 5 cuts across the loin. Season with salt, 6 unpeeled crushed garlic, white wine, onions cut into quarters, bay leaf, pepper and 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil. Let marinade for two hours.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF).
- Bake until the loin starts to turn golden brown, about 1 hour and 50 minutes. Occasionally drizzle the loin with the sauce.
- Meanwhile, season the shrimp with lemon juice and salt. Let marinade for 30 minutes.
- Place 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil and two chopped cloves of garlic in a skillet and saute over low heat about 2 to 3 minutes. Add the shrimps and fry them over low heat about 7 to 8 minutes. When the shrimps are fried, turn off the heat and let cool. Peel them and set aside.
- When the pork loin is almost baked, remove briefly the baking dish from the oven and add the shrimps. Place back the baking dish on the oven for more 10 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and serve the pork loin with mashed potato.