Serve this delicious chocolate mousse on a special occasion. Topped with a delicious and refreshing cream that everyone will like.
For the mousse:
- 5 eggs
- 200 grams (7 ounces) dark chocolate
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar to beat the cream
- 200 grams (7 ounces) condensed milk
- Grated chocolate for garnish
For the topping:
- For the mousse:
Place the chocolate broken into pieces and the margarine in a bowl and melt for 1 minute in the microwave. Remove from microwave and stir with a fork until a creamy mixture; set aside.
- Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and reserve in the fridge.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the egg yolks and the sugar until a creamy and homogeneous mixture. Add the chocolate mixture and beat for 3 to 4 minutes until well incorporated. Then, add the whipped egg whites and fold gently with a spatula. Pour the mousse into a large bowl or individual bowls and freeze about two hours.
- For the topping:
Whip the cream with a tablespoon powdered sugar until stiff peaks form. Add the condensed milk and fold gently with a spatula.
- Remove the mousse from the freezer and cover with the previous mixture. Freeze for another two hours.
- Remove from freezer and garnish with grated chocolate. Store the mousse in the fridge.