A delicious chocolate pudding, with excellent presentation, confectioned with gelatin sheets, sugar, milk and dark chocolate, garnished with melted chocolate and whipped cream.
- 200 grams (7 ounces) dark chocolate
- 600 ml (about 3 cups) milk
- 8 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 200 grams (about 1 cup) granulated sugar
- 125 ml (1/4 pint (118 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar to beat the cream
- 30 grams (1 ounce) dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- In a saucepan, place the chocolate broken into pieces, the milk and the sugar. Bring to medium-high heat, stirring constantly with a spoon. When starts boiling reduce to low heat and continue to stir about 15 to 20 minutes until obtain a creamy mixture.
- Place the gelatin sheets in water about five minutes. Drain them well, place them in a bowl and bring to microwave about 15 seconds to melt. Remove the bowl from microwave and dissolve the gelatin sheets with the help of a spoon.
- Mix well the melted gelatin in the chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into a pudding mold (22 x 8 centimeters (8 2/3 x 3 1/4 inches)) and bring to fridge about two to three hours until solidify.
- For garnish:
Place in a bowl the chocolate broken into small pieces along with the margarine. Bring to microwave to melt. Remove from microwave, stir with a spoon, add 50 ml (1/4 cup) whipping cream to the chocolate and mix everything well.
- Place the remaining whipping cream about 20 minutes in the fridge. Beat the cream with the sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the pudding from the fridge, unmold (to help unmold, dip the form in a little hot water about 30 seconds) and, with the help of a pastry bag, garnish with the chocolate sauce and the whipped cream.