A great recipe to serve in family, cod fillets in the oven with potatoes, drizzled with a delicious mixture of olive oil, garlic and chopped parsley.
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg / (2 1/4 pounds))
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- Juice of one lemon
- 200 ml / (3/4 cup and 1 1/2 tablespoons) olive oil
- 2 eggs
- Parsley (to taste)
- 6 cloves of garlic
- All-purpose flour
- Salt (to taste)
- Remove the skin and bones from the cod. With a sharp knife cut the cod steaks into pieces and season with pepper and lemon juice. Let marinate about one hour.
- Wash the potatoes and place them with the peel in a saucepan with water seasoned with salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium heat and cook for 20 minutes. When the potatoes are cooked, drain them and allow to cool slightly. Remove the skin and cut into round slices; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC / (350ºF). In a bowl, whisk the eggs with a fork. Drain the cod marinade. Coat the cod steaks first in flour, then dip in the eggs mixture and finally, coat in breadcrumbs.
- Pour the olive oil, chopped garlic and the chopped parsley in a bowl and stir with a spoon. Place the potatoes in the bottom of a rectangular baking dish and, on top, place the fillets. Drizzle everything with the olive oil mixture and bake about 30 minutes until the fillets start to golden brown.
- Turn off the oven and serve with a nice red wine.