A delicious recipe of cod and potatoes fried in olive oil, drizzled with a sauce confectioned with olive oil, sliced onions, chopped garlic, bay leaf, white wine and pepper.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 4 desalted cod steaks (about 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds))
- 1.2 kg (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- Olive oil for frying
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil for the sauce
- 2 medium onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) white wine
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- Season the cod steaks with salt if you think necessary.
- Peel the potatoes, wash them and cut them into round slices. Reserve them in a bowl with water seasoned with a little salt.
- In a frying pan with olive oil, fry the cod steaks on both sides. When they are fried, place them on a plate and set aside.
- Fry the potatoes in the olive oil that fried the cod. When they are fried place them on a platter over absorbent paper.
- Meanwhile, place in a skillet the 100 ml (1/2 cup) olive oil, the onions cut into round slices, bay leaf and the chopped garlic. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn golden. Then, drizzle with white wine, season with pepper, simmer about five minutes and turn off the heat.
- Place the cod and the potatoes on a platter, drizzle everything with the sauce, sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.