Delicious croissants confectioned with flour, salt, butter, baker’s yeast, sugar and a little salt, that are going to oven brushed with beaten egg yolk, garnished with powdered sugar.
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 300 grams / (10 1/2 ounces) all-purpose flour
- 125 grams / (4 1/2 ounces) unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 25 grams / (1 ounce) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) milk
- 15 grams / (1/2 ounce) baker's yeast
- 1 egg yolk
- Powdered sugar for garnish
- In a bowl, mix the flour, 25 grams / (1 ounce) butter, salt and the sugar. Then, add the milk and the eggs and mix well. Finally, add the baker’s yeast and knead everything nicely.
- Sprinkle a table with a little flour. Place the dough on the table, sprinkle on top with a little flour and knead it about five minutes until it forms a ball. Wrap the dough with cling film and bring to fridge overnight.
- The next day, wrap the remaining butter in cling film and mold it into a square form with your hands or with the help of a rolling pin. Set aside. Remove the dough from the fridge, place it back on a table sprinkled with flour and extend it with the help of a rolling pin. Sprinkle the dough with a little flour, place the butter without the cling film on top of the dough and fold it over the butter twice until the butter stay completely covered. Extend the dough with a rolling pin and fold again into three. Repeat this process at least two more times. Wrap the dough again with cling film and let stand about 15 minutes.
- Once this process is completed, extend the dough thinly (with about 0,5 centimeters / (1/4 inch) thick). Cut triangles with about 18 centimeters / (7 inches) tall and 10 centimeters / (4 inches) base. Slightly stretch the apex of the triangle. Give a small cut in the vertical in the triangle base, so that the ends leave slightly out, and go rolling toward to the vertex of the triangle.
- Line a baking tray with tracing paper. Place the croissants on the tray and let stand about 15 minutes.
- Brush each one with beaten egg yolk and bring to preheated oven at 200°C / (400ºF) about 15 to 20 minutes until golden.