Very pleasant semifreddo with excellent presentation, confectioned with a base of wafer and with a filling prepared with mango pulp, condensed milk, gelatin sheets, natural yogurt, whipping cream, garnished with strawberries and grated chocolate.
For the base:
- 200 grams (7 ounces) marie biscuits (or other type of wafers)
- 125 grams (1/2 cup) margarine
- 400 ml (1 3/4 cups) mango pulp
- 6 unflavored gelatin sheets
- 1 natural yogurt (125 grams (4 1/2 ounces))
- 397 grams (14 ounces) condensed milk
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar to beat the cream
- Strawberries for garnish
- Grated chocolate for garnish
For the filling:
- For the base:
Grind the biscuits in a blender. Place the margarine in a bowl and melt it in the microwave. With the help of a wooden spoon wrap the margarine with the biscuit.
- Grease with margarine a round springform pan (23 x 7 centimeters (9 x 2 3/4 inches)) and line it with cling film. Place the previous mixture in the bottom of the springform pan and with the help of a cup press the biscuit to stay with a flat and compact shape. Freeze for about two hours.
- For the filling:
Store the whipping cream package at least 20 minutes in the fridge.
- Place the gelatin sheets in water about five minutes. Drain them well, place in a bowl and bring to microwave about 15 seconds to melt. Remove from microwave and dissolve them with the help of a spoon.
- In a bowl, beat the cream with a tablespoon sugar until stiff peaks form. Reserve in the fridge.
- In a large bowl, place the mango pulp, the condensed milk, the yogurt and whisk well. Add the dissolved gelatin and mix everything well. Then, fold gently with a spatula the whipped cream.
- Pour this mixture inside the springform pan and refrigerate six hours or overnight.
- Remove from fridge, unmold onto a plate, remove the cling film and garnish with sliced strawberries and grated chocolate.