Want to prepare a special meal for the weekend? We have the perfect recipe for you, pork loin stewed with the delicious flavors of the carrot and leek! Serve with white rice or fries. Bon appetit!!!
- 1 kg (2 1/4 pounds) pork loin
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 4 medium onions
- 6 cloves of garlic
- Bay leaf (to taste)
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) red wine
- 200 ml (about 1 cup) white wine
- Pepper (to taste)
- Coriander (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Place the onions cut into round slices in the bottom of a saucepan and the pork loin. Season with salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, peeled garlic and bay leaf. Drizzle with olive oil, red wine and white wine and cook over low heat about 2 hours with the pan covered. Turn the loin at least once.
- Add the leek and the carrots cut into round slices and cook for more 45 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, sprinkle with coriander and serve the pork loin with white rice or fries.