Delicious mini pies filled with minced meat, seasoned with salt, pepper, garlic and nutmeg, confectioned in a sautéed of onion, olive oil and tomato.
Follow us for more recipes
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 200 grams (7 ounces) minced beef
- 200 grams (7 ounces) minced pork
- 50 ml (1/4 cup) olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Parsley (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- 1 egg yolk
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- 600 grams (1 1/3 pounds) puff pastry
- 3 medium ripe tomatoes
- Salt (to taste)
- Season the meat with salt, chopped garlic, pepper and nutmeg. Wrap the spices in the meat and set aside.
- In a saucepan place the olive oil, chopped onion and the peeled tomatoes cut into small pieces. Leave to sauté over low heat until the tomato start to break down. Add the meat with the spices, stir and cook over low heat about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir once in a while. Turn off the heat and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
- Grease mini pie pans with margarine. Extend the shortcrust pastry over a table, cut circles with the help of a cup and line the mini pie pans. Fill with the meat and cover with small circles. Press slightly with your fingers the edges to unite the dough. Brush on top with beaten egg yolk and bring to preheated oven at 180°C (350ºF) about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, unmold and serve with lettuce salad.