As the name implies, this is a simple cake, very pleasant and easy to prepare! A very tasty cake with the milk and lemon aroma that is an excellent solution for a snack in family!
- 5 eggs
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) margarine
- 100 ml (1/2 cup) milk
- Zest of one lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the margarine, the milk and mix for 3 to 4 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- When the cake is cooked, remove from oven and unmold onto a plate. Let cool to room temperature and serve.