A simple cake but delicious at the same time. Taste the butter milk cake and serve with tea. Ideal for a winter afternoon.
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) softened butter
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- Zest of one lemon
- 75 ml (1/3 cup) milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a bundt cake pan (24 x 8 centimeters (9 1/2-inch diameter with 3 1/4-inch-high sides)) with margarine and dust with flour.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Then, pour the milk, the butter and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Remove the cake from the oven, unmold, allow to cool to room temperature and serve.