Want to prepare a pleasant snack for your friends? This apple, lemon and cinnamon cake is quite simple to make, very tasty and has excellent presentation! Your friends will be surprised by this delicious blend of flavors…
- 2 medium apples
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Juice of one lemon
- Zest of one lemon
- 150 grams (2/3 cup) granulated sugar
- 175 grams (1 1/4 cups) all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease a loaf tin (25 x 11 centimeters with 7 centimeters high (9 3/4 x 4 1/3-inch with 2 3/4-inch-high)) with margarine and dust with some flour.
- Wash, peel the apples and remove the seeds. Place the apples cut into cubes together with the cinnamon in a blender and blend on high until obtain a creamy mixture.
- In an electric mixer, beat on medium speed the eggs, the sugar and the lemon zest until obtain a homogeneous mixture. Add the apple cream, the lemon juice and mix for 2 to 3 minutes until it’s nicely incorporated. Reduce the mixer speed to low, add the flour mixed with the baking powder and beat until a creamy and homogeneous mixture.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 to 40 minutes (the time depends on the oven).
- Turn off the oven and unmold the cake. Let cool to room temperature and serve.