Delicious pineapple ice cream, very refreshing, great for hot summer afternoons, confectioned with egg yolks, sugar, whipping cream and pineapple.
- 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces) pineapple
- 3 egg yolks
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar to beat the cream
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- Peel the pineapple and cut it into pieces. Place the pineapple chunks in a blender and grind them until pureed.
- Place the whipping cream about 20 minutes in the fridge. Beat the cream with a tablespoon sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside in the fridge.
- With an electric mixer beat the egg yolks with the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Reduce speed, add the pineapple cream and mix well. Then, add the whipped cream and mix well.
- Pour in a bowl and place in the freezer about six hours or overnight.