Delicious pineapple ice cream, very refreshing, great for hot summer afternoons, confectioned with egg yolks, sugar, whipping cream and pineapple.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTERSubscribe to our newsletter and receive new recipes in your inbox.
- 500 grams (17 1/2 ounces) pineapple
- 3 egg yolks
- 200 ml (1/2 pint (236 ml)) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar to beat the cream
- 100 grams (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- Peel the pineapple and cut it into pieces. Place the pineapple chunks in a blender and grind them until pureed.
- Place the whipping cream about 20 minutes in the fridge. Beat the cream with a tablespoon sugar until stiff peaks form. Set aside in the fridge.
- With an electric mixer beat the egg yolks with the sugar until obtain a creamy mixture. Reduce speed, add the pineapple cream and mix well. Then, add the whipped cream and mix well.
- Pour in a bowl and place in the freezer about six hours or overnight.