Want to prepare a simple dish? These pork steaks seasoned with lemon and paprika served with a delicious and creamy apple puree are a delight… Try it!!
- 2 pork steaks (about 250 grams (8 3/4 ounces))
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Juice of one lemon
- A drizzle of olive oil to fry the steaks
- Nutmeg (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- 6 medium apples
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons sugar
For the puree:
- Season the steaks with salt, pepper, nutmeg, sliced garlic, paprika and lemon juice. Let marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat over low heat a skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. When is hot, add the steaks and fry them on both sides until slightly golden (reserve the marinade). When the steaks are fried, place them on a plate. Pour the marinade in the skillet and boil over low heat about 2 to 3 minutes. Place the steaks back on the skillet, drizzle with the sauce and turn off the heat.
- For the puree:
Peel and wash the apples. Put them in a saucepan cut into quarters together with the cinnamon stick and the sugar. Pour enough water to completely cover the apples and boil over medium-high heat. When starts boiling, reduce to low heat and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Drain the apples when they are cooked. Place the apples in a blender and blend on high until pureed.
- Serve the steaks drizzled with the sauce and with apple puree.