A delicious recipe, cod cooked in olive oil, onion, bay leaf and grated carrots, that goes to the oven with mashed potato, sprinkled with grated cheese.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR NEWSLETTER
- 1.2 kg / (2 2/3 pounds) potatoes
- 3 desalted cod steaks (about 750 grams / (1 2/3 pounds))
- 2 grated carrots
- 2 medium onions
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 bay leaf
- 100 ml / (6 3/4 tablespoons) olive oil
- 300 ml / (1 1/4 cups) béchamel
- Grated cheese (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Peel and wash the potatoes. Cook them in a pan with water seasoned with salt. Cook the cod in another pan about five minutes. When the cod is cooked, place it on a plate and allow to cool slightly. Remove the skin and the spines and shred the cod in slivers. Set aside.
- When the potatoes are cooked, remove them from the pan and mash them with the help of a fork. Set aside.
- In a saucepan place the olive oil, chopped onions, chopped garlic and the bay leaf. Leave to sauté over low heat until the onion starts to turn slightly golden. Then, add the grated carrots along with the cod. Season with a little pepper, stir and cook over low heat about five minutes. Stir once in a while.
- Remove the bay leaf and add the puree along with the béchamel. Season with a little pepper, wrap everything well with a spoon and turn off the heat.
- Place the mixture on a baking dish and sprinkle with grated cheese. Bring to preheated oven at 180°C / (350ºF) about 20 minutes until gratin. Turn off the oven and serve.